Monday 15 October 2012

Bloody and Brillant!

Beautiful Disaster - Jamie McGuire
Simon and Schuster - Available Now

"Why don't you just read the whole thing in 48 hrs then?" When my FiancĂ© mutters these words it means two things, 1. He's not getting enough attention because 2. whatever I'm reading is just too good to leave alone for any period of time. Sadly I am by no means a fast reader, I've tried believe me, but I end up missing things and its the 'Great' books I often try to savour - so to finish something in two days means I'm irrevocably hooked and will make no time for anything else until its finished (sound familiar to anyone else?). 

And this is a 'Great' book - sure the storyline isn't ground breaking…A tale of unrequited love set in college, young smart girl (Abby Abernathy) falls for bad boy (Travis 'Maddog' Maddox, and this guy is seriously a disaster, he sleeps around, fights for a living and rides a Harley - yep) who then turns his world upside-down to claim her... but its the things that make it unique that sets it above the norm - the back story for example is slowly revealed, building good suspense (no I'm not going to tell you what it is - it'll ruin the surprise!) the characters are real making me feel like a part of their world and the writing is clear - it flows and I can't wait to see more of it!

Luckily we don't have too long to wait as the second book Walking Disaster is due out April 2013 which I am super excited for as its the other side of the story as told by the bad boy Trav himself! I have craved a good "his side of the story" ever since Midnight Sun was axed (Grrr Stephanie) and theres another treat for those of you who, like me are fresh to Jamie's writing there is a whole previous series we can sink into - her paranormal Providence series is available on ebook comprising of Providence, Requiem and Eden. 

No comments:

Post a Comment