Tuesday 18 September 2012

Love, Life and Reading...

Succubus Revealed - Richelle Mead
Available  - NOW

lately I've had quite a bit of "down time" and it has afforded me the rare opportunity to read unfettered - for the first time in a long time I have been able to choose any book I wish from my expansive To Read pile without suffering any guilt over the fact that I should be reading something else! Which leads me to discussion of a book that Ive been saving for years now the 6th and final instalment of Richelle's Succubus series, so long put off because it has been a series so consistently enjoyable that I knew seeing it end would bring me physical pain, and so it was that I entered the turbulent and familiar world of Georgina Kincaid for the last time....

Honestly these books have it all - razor sharp wit, giggle out loud humour, saucy sex scenes (though a little lacking in this final volume sadly), action, drama, secrets and love as we follow Georgina and her likewise dammed colleagues antics in their battle of good vs evil (or evil vs evil via bowling, oddly enough).
Georgie you may be surprised to hear is on the side of evil, Hell to be exact who own her immortal soul after she brokered a deal with an Imp to escape past mistakes. Sadly we all know that running away is never the answer and all bad deeds will catch us in the end: this being the theme for our final adventure.

I was extremely happy with the ending of this tale and gasped while gripping my fiancé's arm quite a few times (he wasn't as enamoured with the unfolding events as me, especially as he began to loose sensation in his left bicep), I think I've spilled enough suffice to say that all will indeed be revealed!

 





            GO, BUY, DEVOUR! 

No comments:

Post a Comment