Thursday 27 September 2012

Eve's Lovely Lords and Ladies

The Queens Lady - Eve Edwards
Penguin - (Books 1-3) Available Now

Blending just the right amount of suspense and drama this is a historical love story not to be missed!

I have to admit I'm a huge fan of the period drama as it provides a fascinating look into the past while remaining relevant and entertaining, The Lacey Chronicles with plenty of humour and gorgeous gowns are a sure winner in this genre with each volume telling a different character's tale from the branches of the Lacey family tree making each story fresh with some new faces but without loosing the progress of the previous character. 

This is part two for the series and picks up exactly where book one left off and while they can be read as stand alone's I highly recommend giving your attention first to book one - The Other Countess for greater understanding and of course just for the sheer fun of it! Set in the late 1500's Tudor England we continue the story now following the hazardous romantic tale of the newly widowed Lady Jane (at the ripe old age of 18 mind you) and her downtrodden hero Master James Lacey as Jane is set upon by one villain after another and James unable to help after having felt himself worthless and undeserving of her love takes himself off on a risky voyage to the new world - The Americas. Suffice to say it makes for a lot of nail bitting and as I'm not a fan of the unknown it took me a  mere 48 hours to finish (and that was dragging it out). 

Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to read the third and hopefully not final volume - The Rouge's Princess in the hope that I can stretch it out to at least two days...though I don't like my chances :)


No comments:

Post a Comment