Thursday 24 May 2012

A Must Read!

Unsaid – Neil Abramson
Hachette – Available JULY 2012

Sometimes great books have a way of finding us just when we need them most, Unsaid was, for me one of those books.

It came to me at exactly the right time to help me through a painful and sad period and gave me small comfort in a way nothing else could.

Neil’s writing is honest, humorous and heartbreakingly beautiful – I often found myself pausing during reading to mentally bask in the pictures he painted or let the information I had just learned sink in as I turned it over in my mind or on occasion, read the passage to aloud to my partner or Mum, so important was the message it had to be shared.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that this book is important to me, almost a reflection of myself and the values I hold dear. I'm not going to provide the usual synopsis, I feel its best to come to it fresh with no preconceptions, I think Neil explains it very well with a quote from the main character Helena “it is so much more than the sum of its parts”.

I hope it can provide you even an ounce of the warmth it gave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment