Friday 9 September 2011

Dreaming of Italy



Fragment of Dreams – Phillipa Fioretti
Hachette – Available now in all good bookstores!
This feisty romance novel is set in equal parts on the Northern Beaches of Sydney and steamy Italy so when I planned my holiday to Milan this year there was no question as to which book I would begin my holiday with!
The parallels between my life and this novel were uncanny and I was drawn whole heartedly into both the familiarity and the unfolding adventure of this charming tale.
The story follows Lily, owner of an antiquarian bookstore and a schnauzer named Otto living in Paddington (I know, my dream life right?) and her adoring Russian boyfriend William who has just been offered a dream job in Rome with an old friend and associate as an antiques consultant helping people complete their personal collections (seriously I want their lives!).
Lily is planning to move to Italy with William once he is settled and she organised when a timely visit from her sister Poppy with a letter found from estranged family members begins a series of events that will see William (falsely?) accused of antique theft and Lily fighting for her love amongst devious intentions, a flirty tawney Italian and the misguided opinions of others planting seeds of doubt and mistrust for them both.
This was a fun and enjoyable read with well defined characters, gorgeous fashion details and an interesting plot line – perfecto for my holiday frame of mind and the beauty is I haven’t yet read Phillipa’s first novel “Book of Love” so I can enjoy the company of Lily again when I need her.
Grazie Phillipa for such a perfectly timed book!


No comments:

Post a Comment